Earlier this month, I attended the 76th Annual HRSouthwest Conference, also known as the SHRM State Conference of Texas! Once again, the Fort Worth Convention Center was packed with conference attendees roaming around looking to elevate their growth as an HR professional. The conference was one of the best ever from big name keynote speakers, to numerous educational sessions, to a full marketplace filled sponsors and exhibitors to support all of your HR needs. Today, I want to briefly share 10 impacting takeaways for everyone as a reminder to “plug in and power up” to an idea or strategy they learned from the conference, and to share with everyone that did not get a chance to attend.
So, here we go…
- New Attendee Orientation. The room was packed!
- Keynote Speaker John O’Leary. Inspirational message “What more can I do”.
- Monday Night Social in the Marketplace. Thankful for our exhibitors and sponsors!
- Networking… with the best of the best in HR.
- Pair and Share Program. Meeting new HR leaders!
- Bookstore and Book Signings! Bonus was the opportunity to sign my own book! #FindYourLane
- My Speaking session on “elevating the onboarding experience when relocating talent”. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it…
- Juli Burch, 2017 Hall of Fame Speaker!
- Conference closing reception! Always fun to share this moment with everyone, especially the volunteers for their hard work each year…
- Ms. Laura Bush – Inspiring Message about “All we have is now”. She is first class!
…and so much more. Special thanks to Conference Director Kathy Hassenpflug and all of the conference volunteers, SHRM, DallasHR Staff, our Sponsors, our Exhibitors, our Speakers, and Texas SHRM and our Texas State Chapters for making this another successful event. We hope to see you again in 2018 led by Conference Director Kim Vincent!
Now… What was your top 10?
Share one of your favorite activities about the conference for others to see…
Call to Action: Let me know if you would like to know more about my Top 10! If you attended the conference, reach out to someone you met and connect or share with someone that couldn’t attend as well. It can make a difference!
“What more can we do? Give Hope!” (John O’Leary)
This has been “A Relocation Minute” HRSouthwest Conference 2017” with Bruce Waller, For more information, call 972-389-5673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our my social media facebook and twitter page.
Also, check out http://www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon!